Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chelsie's Blueberry Buckle and Yummy Bean Dip recipes... from playgroup



Kim's Hot Bean Dip

 

1 8 oz cream cheese

1 cup sour cream

1 ½ cans refried beans

1 package taco seasoning

5  drops hot pepper sauce

2 tablespoons parsley (fresh or dried, I always use fresh)

¼ cup green onions

1 8 oz cheddar

1 8 oz mozzarella

 

 

Heat oven to 350.  Mix all of the ingredients together, reserving some cheese for the top.  Put into a small casserole and bake 23-30 minutes.

 

(I like to double the recipe when I have company, and put it into a 9 x 13. It feeds a large crowd!)

 
 

Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake

 

Beat:

¾ cup sugar                                         ¼ cup butter

 

Add:

1 egg                                                   ½ cup milk (or buttermilk)

6oz sour cream          

 

Stir in:

2 cups flour                                         ½ t salt

2 tsp baking powder

 

Fold in up to 2 cups dry blueberries.  Spread thick batter in a greased 9x9 pan.

 

Crumb topping:

½ cup sugar                                         ¼ c flour

½ t cinnamon                                      ¼ c butter

¼ c oatmeal                                        ½ cup brown sugar

 

Sprinkle on top: ( I double the topping, put down half the batter, then a layer of topping, the rest of the batter, then rest of the topping)

 

Bake @ 350, 40 minutes (1 hour + if doubled and put in a 9x13—recommended)