Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Play group...from Missy Dunkin

Hi Centerton 2nd Branch Mamas,

I am organizing a play group for our branch! I am really excited. We will meet once a week, and we hope EVERYONE will come! Since it's so HOT outside and summer time (kids home from school!), we will be meeting inside in public places mostly (in the fall, we will meet in homes often). We will do some outdoor water stuff (spash park, swimming, etc), though! Yay!
So, I have some questions for you, mamas. What are days and times that work for you? I know early afternoons may be bad because of littles' naps, but maybe late morning? 10-ish? Also, what are some things you and your kids would love to do this summer? Let's do them together! Email me at missydunkin@gmail.com with your ideas/thoughts.
Some ideas I've had are play places, Barnes & Noble (have you seen their train table?!?), Jump Zone (thanks, Chelsie!), some of those summer movies at Malco, the splash park, Braum's for ice cream, Krispie Kreme for a tour, and a few others. I'm hoping you have lots of ideas too!
Our first meet up will be Friday, June 4 at 10 AM at Chick-Fil-A on Walnut. It's breakfast time, or wait a half hour for lunch! The kids are sure to have a blast playing on their playground! I think the week after we'll do Jump Zone (the kids will be out of school!).
Hope everyone can make it!

Thanks!
Missy Dunkin